Sunday, June 2, 2013

Son Day 2013

We had our traditional Sons Day celebrating yesterday! It was very laid back this year. John and I had pushed the two couches together for a date night movie and the boys wanted to have a slumber party in the little couch fort. It is shockingly cozy! They also may have ganged up on tickling Dad when he tried to take a quick nap :)

son day3
They requested chocolate chip waffles for breakfast which they wanted to eat outside on the grass. They also got to pick their favorite dinner - Grandmas Mac and Cheese!

son day4
What they wanted more than anything was to play an entire game of monopoly with all 5 of us. We did and it took most of the day. I really like monopoly but John...not so much. He was a trooper though! I do think the boys favorite part of the day was watching Mom and Dad do their chores!

son day5
Sometimes I get so busy that I don’t take the time to fully realize how lucky I am to have these three boys in my life! I love them so much and these little traditions give me a chance to stop and well, take the time to play an entire game of monopoly!
boys
I hope that no matter what in my  blogging experience with Over the Big Moon is that I keep my focus on where it needs to be – being real and available with my boys. I am so very grateful for my boys and family today!

IMG_3459
IMG_3777
IMG_3780
IMG_3615
Nothing in this world can bring the happiness that family can!